The Constitution provides for only one Ecclesiastical Council for the Order whose members are appointed by the (Lt.) Grand Master with the approval of the Petit Conseil.
The current members of the OSJ Ecclesiastical Council are:
– Prelate Rev. Fr. Hans Vanakere, KJSJ. (BE) Roman Catholic
– Prelate Rev. Mgr. Charles G. Vella (MT) Roman Catholic
– Prelate Rev. Fr. Alfred Sacco, S.D.B (MT) Roman Catholic
– Prelate Rev. Fr. Charles Bugelli OFM Cap. (MT) Roman Catholic
– Prelate Rev. Fr. Victor Enriquez O.Carm (MT) Roman Catholic
– Prelate Rev. Fr. Stephen Richter (US) Roman Catholic
– Prelate Rev. Fr. Roger Mount (TAS) Roman Catholic
– Prelate Rev. Fr. Kieran McDermott (IR) Roman Catholic
– Prelate Markus Oscar Aleksel Sjöberg (FI) Orthodox
– Prelate Rev. John McCormack (UK) Anglican
– Prelate The Ven. Archdeacon John Collas OAM (AU) Presbyterian
– Prelate Rev. Wayland Coe (US) Anglican
– Prelate Rev. Niels Refskou (DE) Luteran
– Prelate Rev. William J. Middleton (CA) Presbyterian
– Prelate Bojan Bojovic (MNE) Orthodox
– Prelate Rev. Fr. VicGeorge Vassallo (MT) Roman Catholic
Because of the supraconfessional nature of the Order, clergy members representing all Christian denominations are admitted and some serve in similar councils within the OSJ Grand Priories and Priories.
Most Commanderies have a clergy member who serves as its Chaplain. These members give advice on matters of faith, liturgy, and spiritual matters that affect the local unit’s members.